Congrats on your first Cowbell! Here are tips on first time set up.
- For the best and longest-lasting results, please water your plant well before using Cowbell for the first time. A good rule of thumb is to give it 20% of the size of the container.
- Twist and tighten the spike onto the water reservoir.
- Bury the spike into damp soil close to the plant trunk or main root system. Don't worry, your roots and strong and won't be damaged. But if you feel any significant resistance, you can find another spot in the container.
- Fill your reservoir with clean water. We recommend rainwater or filtered water for best results. Let the system settle for 15 minutes with the lid off. This allows the spike to saturate and form a connection with the soil and root system.
- Top up any depleted water from the reservoir with clean water, and press the lid securely onto the reservoir to form an airtight seal. If you leave the lid off, your reservoir will drain in 1-2 days from pure gravity, so please make sure to seal your system with the enclosed lid.
- We recommend refilling very 2 weeks even if it's not fully empty.